Comments:

23 thoughts on “If You Ever Wanted to Look in Mark Dever’s Study”

1. JFred says:

I love this guy!

On two business trips to Washington, I attended his Wednesday night Bible study, and on both occasions, Dever spotted me as a guest, walked up and introduced himself. He wanted to know all about what was happening in my town, and I was surprised that he was already well informed about many churches and pastors where I live.

When in DC, this is now a must stop for me. The CHBC bookstore is outstanding.

The church is literally in the shadows of our nation’s Capitol, and I praise God for the work, and growing influence that he and his church are having in Washington and beyond.

2. Tim Chester says:

Well I showed this to my wife in an attempt to persuade her that my book collection is actually quite restrained. Her comment: “Now show me an African pastor’s study.” Ouch!

3. I need to get my office to look like that. His office would convince people that reading is actually working.

4. Justin S. says:

What’s next – the collected shopping lists of John Piper? Geez – the cult of personality on this blog!

1. JeremyB says:

Lighten up Julian… for those of us who are pastors and aren’t able to “get out much” it is helpful and encouraging to see how another (more seasoned pastor than I) organizes and uses his study.

1. JeremyB says:

Ooops, Justin… didn’t mean to call you Julian.

2. Justin Taylor says:

Sorry it comes across that way, Justin.

1. Justin S. says:

All in good fun, gents – no need to defend yourselves to the likes of me! If you have to idolize someone, it might as well be a pastor I guess.

3. Sean Isaacs says:

Hey Justin, just thought I would say unto the pure all things are pure.

Like many, this was my first time on the blog and this video was the first one I saw.

I didn’t at all think anyone was worshiping M. Dever or this blog.

Be encouraged brother! We are all on the same team.

5. steve hays says:

JustinT,

You’re assuming that those are real books. Maybe they’re just cardboard boxes with dust-jackets!

6. Scott C says:

I am glad to know my stacks of books with nowhere else to go are in good company.

7. Frank Emrich says:

I have had the privilege of being in that study when I attended a Weedender. It was a little intimidating but worth it. I would recommend going to a Weekender if at all possible. Mark Dever is truly and amazing man of God, his love for God, the gospel and Gods people serve as a wonderful model for all pastors.

8. Loved the video.

LOVED that version of O the Deep Deep Love of Jesus. WHERE IS THAT FROM?

I direct music at our church and would love to learn and teach that version.

9. Dave Bissett says:

Great video – encouraging and fun. Thanks guys!

10. Sean Isaacs says:

Great Video.

Thanks for sharing.

I have more appreciation for Mark Dever’s 9 Marks after learning how he spends his week.

May the Lord continue to bless his work and ministry.

11. James says:

Great video but the camera man should have held the camera steady, half way through I got dizzy.

Also, T4g LIVE the cd is the best. I can’t wait for them to record the worship again at t4g10. This music is anointed and Kauflin sings and plays really well, Praise God.

12. John says:

“How He watches over his loved ones, those He died to make His own, how for them He is interceding pleading now before the throne, O the deep, deep love all i need and trust is the deep, deep love of Jesus.”

13. JMH says:

Man, Dever has lost a ton of weight. Good for him.

14. MCorey says:

At first glance, Pastor Dever’s study seems intimidating. As a fairly, new, self-study, student of theology, my one little bookcase pails in comparison. It’s almost ludicrous for me to be even commenting here, but this video is great encouragement for me to keep moving forward.

Justin Taylor