I’ve been enjoying Andrew Peterson’s song on the the joys and trials of marriage, from his new album Counting Stars (releasing July 27).

Here’s the official video:

Comments:

20 thoughts on “Andrew Peterson: “Dancing in the Minefields””

1. Jason T says:

Loved it! Good music, contemplative (and convicting) words!

2. JJ says:

I got this video with my pre-order. AP is a gift from God.

3. Loren Eaton says:

I am increasingly convinced that Andrew Peterson couldn’t write a bad song if he tried. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

4. Samuel Brandeis says:

This is beautiful. I wish to weep and look deeply and passionately into the eyes of Christ when I hear this tune. I want to hear this tune while whispering, “Thank You” to Jesus as I cry.

1. go right ahead…

1. Samuel Brandeis says:

After the ascension of the saints it will be possible. It reminds me of the ways that many Catholic Mystics used to speak of appreciating Jesus. We are the bride of Him and He will love us like a delicate Bride.

5. Adam Thomas says:

I’ve been enjoying this video for a couple of weeks and was hoping it would show up on this site. Andrew Peterson is so good he deserves to be heard and you are serving him and all of us by allowing his works to be enjoyed on your site. Keep it up!!!

6. If I wanted to hear more, can anyone recommend a CD of his which is actually out now?

Gerv

1. Michael C. says:

All :)

Actually Far Country I think is pretty inventive and probably one of my favorites.

He’s Resurrection Letters vol. 2 is good, but I think Far Country is better.

Behold the Lamb of God (as sort-of Christmas CD) is phenomenal.

2. Adam says:

He has not put out a bad album. Love and Thunder may be my favorite though.

3. Bethany says:

I agree with Michael and Adam… you can’t go wrong with any of his albums. “Love and Thunder” and “Resurrection Letters: Volume II” are my favorites and the first two I’d recommend.

4. Loren Eaton says:

One of the great things that Peterson does is use a lot of what could be called internal allusion; later songs reference earlier ones through both melodies and lyrics. Start with Love and Thunder and move on from there.

7. Pedro says:

I love Andrew Peterson. JT, your blog is so great. Thanks for everything you do.

8. Owen says:

That is a great song, straight up. Love the backing chorus. He and Andrew Osenga are two of the best. Great video, too.

Justin Taylor