My dad’s five vows
On 19 June 2003 my dad wrote down these five vows that he made before the Lord:
1. Vow to give God all the glory in all your successes.
2. Vow to confess your sins and do a thorough job of repentance.
3. Vow never to say anything slanderous or destructive against any of God’s children.
4. Vow not to own anything. Leave all ownership to God.
5. Vow that while you live you will seek to live with enthusiasm and joy by the Holy Spirit.
Then dad quoted Psalm 56:12, “I am under vows to you, O God.”