Take-aways from this week’s Acts 29 retreat
1. Matt Chandler is God’s man as President of A29. His spiritual instincts are guiding us wisely and well. Pray that the Lord will preserve his health. His family needs him, his church needs him, Acts 29 needs him.
2. New voices, along with older voices, are being heard in the Network – John Bryson, Leonce Crump, Sam Storms, others. I learned from every man.
3. God continues to raise up an army of gospel-advancing A29 men who will plant churches that will plant more churches that will plant still more churches, until the real Jesus compels the attention of the world. It is gospel-healed churches that make Jesus visible to people. And God is growing them.
4. Personally, I feel the privilege of being an Acts 29 church planter. I’m thankful that I am not sitting on the bench. It’s the fourth quarter. The Coach is calling the big play. And I’m on the field. It matters less which position I’m playing. The important thing is, I’m on the field.
5. If you’re looking for a cause worthy of your all, consider Acts 29. For example, what about funding a new church? Some of us are capable of giving at that level. Would it not be thrilling to fund a new church plant, where people will be saved and learn to live for Jesus, and then they will reproduce that in even more churches? There are many worthy causes, but there is none more biblical than that. Healthy churches are God’s revealed strategy for world redemption.
What will you do, to serve his glorious purpose?