Will and Angie Gray are one of the sweetest couples you’ll ever meet. I got to know them while we were at Capitol Hill Baptist Church. They were a part of our young married small group and Will and I would meet up each Monday morning for prayer and encouragement.

Will must rank among one of the most talented persons I know. A former college basketball player, his real passion is music. His tastes are eclectic. You can hear hear crooning on a ballad he’s written or rapidly spittin’ bars on some rap or using “natural sounds” (nails in a jar or tree bark rubbed together or some such crazy thing to get that sound he wants). Beyond being talented, he’s gentle and humble. A real classy man. My daughters, ages 4 and 5 at the time, loved seeing Will have to duck to enter our house. To them he is a friendly giant.

Since October 2012, he has been fighting a valiant fight with cancer. He and Angie have been models of brokenness and faith, people with whom the Lord is near (Ps. 34:18) and a sacrifice God will not despise (Ps. 51:17). They’ve been giants in the faith. You learn more at goteamgray.

The video below shares a bit more about Will and Angie. Perhaps you know people in a similar situation. Can I ask that you watch the video and carry the Grays and others to our Father in prayer?

Comments:

7 thoughts on “I Covet Your Prayers on Behalf of Will and Angie Gray”

1. Aaron says:

I went to college with Will and had a deep respect for him then. Thanks for posting this. Glory to God for this couple and how they are walking through this pain. Come Lord Jesus.

2. Corey says:

Hi Pastor T- Thank you for sharing this. It really touched me and I am certainly keeping Will and Angie in my prayers.

3. Preston says:

If Will set out to lead, encourage, inform, and demonstrate obedience to Christ in his career – he’s been wildly successful by all accounts.

We continue to pray for Will and Angie.

4. Sarah says:

Thank you for sharing so that we can pray for them and the strength they need to get through this. I am both moved and encouraged by their faith

5. Ann Huff Townsend says:

As a cancer nurse of over 10 years experience, it has been my honor to to witness the physical and spiritual struggles that a diagnosis of cancer brings to my brothers and sisters. I say honor because I trust in Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. I initially lost what faith I had when my dad died of cancer over 20 years ago and then when I was diagnosed with it the next year. God sent His people into my life as witnesses and now I can serve God at a time in a person’s life when often the biggest question is “Why?”. If life here were the reward, then God would be cruel indeed. Life here is the path we walk, the refining fire, that gets us fit for the kingdom. And we must run with patience (theres my stumbling block!) the race that is set before us . . .I will most certainly lift this young couple up in prayer!

6. Trillia says:

I prayed for you tonight, Will and Angie. I’m thankful to join Thabiti in prayer for you.Thank you for sharing.