10 Sure Signs We’ve Lost Our Minds
1. We worry about the shallowness and superficiality of online relationships, so we go to FaceBook and Twitter to register our concerns.
2. We are so focused on the newest and latest things that we leave behind the oldest and most foundational things.
3. We’ve turned the virtue of prudence into the vice of prudishness and the vice of impropriety into the virtue of authenticity.
4. We ban soda from schools but make condoms widely available… because corn syrup is a more serious matter for youngsters than sex.
5. We decry the exploitation of women, but cry “censorship” when someone wants decency standards against objectifying women on television.
6. We chide a pregnant mother for smoking because of the harm it does to her child, but we applaud her choice to walk into a clinic and have her baby torn limb by limb and extracted from her uterus.
7. It’s arrogant to buck the current push to redefine marriage, but not arrogant to buck the consensus of virtually every society before us.
8. Citizens who would like to keep the money they earn are “greedy.” Politicians who would take their wealth and give it away are “generous.”
9. We believe in tolerance: everyone can believe whatever they want (as long as they don’t really believe it).
10. We believe every religion should be open and inclusive, but not open and inclusive enough for a Jesus who claims to be Lord of all.
~~~ Frustrated with our failure to live up to our ideals, we do away with them altogether. And then we feel better for being worse. ~~~