There are a number of important issues at this year's Synod, including:
1. Considering alternative funding models.
2. Moving to a biennial Synod.
3. Several recommendations related to the promotion of social justice.
4. Recommendations and overtures to the remove the "conscience clauses" which were instituted over 30 years ago to maintain peace and diversity on the issue of women's ordination.
5. Several overtures calling for a renewed commitment to biblical marriage and making clear that those who perform or promote gay marriages open themselves up to church discipline.
As you are able, pray for the various denominations assembling this summer. For those following the RCA, especially the issue of homosexuality, I've included many pertinent links from my blog below:
It's Probably Not the Worship Style
If We Believe All the Same Things, Why Do Our Churches Seem So Different?
The Church and Homosexuality: Ten Commitments
What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality
Five Reasons Christians Should Continue to Oppose Homosexuality
Does the Heidelberg Catechism Have Anything to Say About Homosexuality
An Overture Regarding Homosexuality and the RCA
A Series on Homosexuality and the RCA
Homosexuality and the RCA: A Call for Action, Consistency, and Faithfulness (Part 1)
Homosexuality and the RCA: A Call for Action, Consistency, and Faithfulness (Part 2)
Un-churching of a Church
No, Homosexuality is Not Just an "Ethical Issue"
Death by Dialogue
What Else We Confess
A Status Confessionis Issue