The Gospel Coalition

My oldest girl left for a mission trip to rural Zambia this past Tuesday. Because she'd be away on Father's Day, the gang decided to give me one of my presents that morning. It's the sweetest present I think I've ever gotten for Father's Day. Take a look:

The poster reads:
Dear Dad, we want to take Time Out to tell you you're no Flake but you're worth more than 100 Grand. We hope this is better than any old PayDay and that this Snack brings you Extra Snickers and Cheers. You are a great Catch and the best dad in the entire Milky Way Galaxy. We hope this exSpearmint Satisfies and Refreshes you, as it's not always a Picnic Raisinets (raising us) 3 Musketeers. With Goobers of love and sweet Dreams, your Twizzlers-Butterfinger (Titus), Zero (Eden), Starburst (Afiya) and Dove (Kristie)

All together now... "Awwwww...."

Comments:

Mimi

June 20, 2012 at 09:23 AM

That was AWESOME!!!

graham

June 19, 2012 at 04:28 PM

I'd just like to add that I'd settle for the sweets.
Or some of the sweets.
Just in case anyone in my family should come back on this thread, they might pick up the hint.

graham and nicola

June 19, 2012 at 04:26 PM

Cool family!

Louis

June 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM

That's tight, just don't think you have to eat them all in one setting. See ya soon.

Dan Phillips

June 18, 2012 at 09:06 AM

That absolutely rocks.

Shelly Duffer

June 17, 2012 at 07:10 PM

Love it! Happy Father's Day! Thank you for your prayers.....my crew and I are doing very well. :) Hope your day was fantastic!

Matt Jacobs

June 17, 2012 at 02:37 PM

That's wonderful! I received the exact same gift this morning! Godly wives and children must think alike. :)

Perhaps, we both married up. I know I did. It never ceases to amaze me how good God is to those who are so bad to Him (speaking of myself only). Could you ever have imagined 20 years ago that you'd have a sweet daughter going off to another continent to tell others the beautiful news of Jesus Christ? As I sat in the drunk tank facing battery charges for the umpteenth time, I know I couldn't have. Now, the Lord has blessed me with a sweet, loving wife and children who love the Lord and love telling of the Lord, and He's given me a nice law practice. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, huh?

Happy Father's Day, brother. Your life and ministry are great blessings to me.

Matt Jacobs